Caro United Methodist Men
Our Identity, Call, and Mission
United Methodist Men are committed to the spiritual growth of men, who experience God’s transforming power in their lives, and pass on their faith to live and grow in others. Men growing in Christ, So others may know Christ.
Our Primary Mission is to support spiritual growth among men, helping men to mature as disciples as they encourage spiritual formation in others.
Our Goal is to empower the ministry of Jesus Christ through men within the congregations of the United Methodist Church.
Our Pathway is a lifelong commitment to spiritual growth to maturity as Christ followers. Our spiritual formation is marked by spiritual reproduction, as our faith passes on in others. Spiritual reproduction is the foundation of evangelism.
We hold these essential precepts and values:
• Men lead others best by modeling Jesus Christ in thoughts, words, and deeds—“Follow me, as I follow Christ.” is the call offered by godly leaders.
• Spiritual maturity is signified in spiritual reproduction, as the faith of mature disciples passes on in others. As men mentor spiritual formation in others, the spiritual life cycle is completed.
• We trust and employ core Wesleyan principles working within small groups, transforming men’s hearts through a growing relationship with God and others.
• We desire to become effective spiritual leaders in our homes and congregations, working as partners with our spouses and congregational leaders—both lay and clergy.
• We strive to help our congregations become vital and alive with spiritually growing men. Men’s ministry is a core capacity of a congregation to engage men in all facets of church life and consistently encourage the spiritual growth of men to maturity.
• We work together as partners with lay and clergy leaders, aligning our ministry plans and priorities with those of our congregations. Together, the heart of men’s ministry joins with others through Christ’s heartbeat.
• Everything desired from and through men comes as a result of men.
From Men’s Ministries 2009–2012.
Copyright © 2008 by Cokesbury.
Used by permission.
Caro United Methodist Men
United Methodist Men Mission Statement
From the The Book of Discipline, The United Methodist Church
United Methodist Men shall be a creative, supportive fellowship of men who seek to know Jesus Christ,
to grow spiritually and to seek daily his will.
Our primary purpose is to declare the centrality of Christ in the lives of men and in all their relationships.
The major concerns are:
To encourage knowledge of and support for the total mission of The United Methodist Church
To engage in evangelism by sharing the fullness of the gospel in its personal and social dimensions
To clarify and speak to the identity and role of the man in contemporary society
To seek commitment to discipleship
To study and become familiar with The United Methodist Church, its organization, doctrines, and beliefs
To cooperate with all units of United Methodist Men in obtaining these objectives through district, conference, jurisdiction, and church-wide goals.
Men seeking membership in a local United Methodist Men's Fellowship shall subscribe to the "Purpose" of United Methodist Men and to these personal objectives:
Engage daily in Bible study and prayer
Bear witness to Christ's way in daily work and in all personal contacts through words and actions
Engage in some definite Christian service
Please check the Calendar for meeting dates and times for the Caro United Methodist Men or contact John Vennevy. All men are welcome.
For more information contact United Methodist Men's president John Vennevy.
Robert, Chuck and John at the
12th National Gathering of United Methodist Men
July 7-8, 2017
St. Luke's United Methodist Church